Summary and Scope of Position
To serve as a volunteer on the Board of Director for the Informed Notaries of Maine; to work as a team with exitsting Board directors to ensure that all Maine notaries are educated about the legal, ethical and technical facets of performing a notary act.
State of Maine notary commission and should be a notary for a minimum of three (3) years. Current INM membership in good standing. Willingness and ability to attend board meetings once a month, and to spend at least a couple of additional hours per month [when needed] doing tasks connected to INM to promote the education of notaries in Maine. Ability to be an independent, creative, and enthusiastic team member with good oral and written communication skills. Email and computer skill are required in order to communicate with the Board.
Essential Job Functions
Assist with the following:
- Developing and promoting the highest ethical principles for notaries.
- Increasing public awareness and understanding of the notary’s vital function.
- Promoting uniform, modern and effective notarial laws in Maine.
- Planning and participating in the annual education conference.
- Assisting in various committee work of the Board. (Finance, Membership, Public Relations etc.)
- Comradery and networking with knowledgeable notaries.
- Working in conjunction with the State of Maine Notary Office (the State has an-ex-officio member on our board).
- Keeping up-to-date on notary law.